Possible topics for future discussions as suggested by Eugenia
- Syllabus of different intro stats courses (What topics are covered? Why?)
- Robustness of statistical tests. How does one deal with data that violate model assumptions? Teach alternative test procedures (e.g. non-parameteric tests)?
- How do we teach certain topics, say, probability? Do we show probability rules by using formulas? Or by using Venn Diagram or probability trees?
- Order of topics taught in an intro stats course (e.g. is it better to teach inference for proportions first before inference for means?)
- Sharing and discussing good data sets for teaching different topics
If you think of any other topics, please do not hesitate to let me know.