Intro Stats at UBC
- Feb 17, 2015 on Creating Effective Multiple Choice Questions
- Dec 4, 2014 on Statistical Literacy
- Jun 22, 2014 on Teaching Statistics to Large Classes
- Apr 23, 2014 on Applets
- Feb 11, 2014 on Curriculum and Sequencing of Topics
- Dec 4, 2013 on Learning Outcomes
- Oct 7, 2013 on New Teaching Examples
- Jun 10, 2013 on Rethinking our intro courses - what to let go in order to grow Part II
- Apr 19, 2013 on Rethinking our intro courses - what to let go in order to grow Part I
- Feb 22, 2013 on Applets and Textbook Resources
- Dec 13, 2012 on TA training and use of TA resources for large courses
- Oct 10, 2012 on Connecting/Reconnecting and planning for future sessions
- Jun 21, 2012 on Online Homework System
- Apr 12, 2012 on Motivating statistical inference through the use of student-collected data and examples that pertain to students' lives
- Feb 16, 2012 on Developing Concept Inventory
- Nov 20, 2011Testing Conceptual Understanding via Concept Inventory (day 2)
- Oct 26, 2011Testing Conceptual Understanding via Concept Inventory
- Jun 13, 2011Online Student Assessment
- Mar 14, 2011Lessons Learned from JSM 2010 Part IV
- Jan 31, 2011Lessons Learned from JSM 2010 Part IIIRethinking Our Statistics Courses: What to Let Go of in Order to Grow?)
- Nov 3, 2010Lessons Learned from JSM 2010 Part II
- Sep 29, 2010Lessons Learned from Joint Statistical Meetings 2010 Part I
- Jul 12, 2010Teaching Statistics with Interesting Examples
- Mar 10, 2010Using Olympics in Teaching
- Feb 3, 2010 Tools for teaching intro stats
- Nov 19, 2009 discussed the future of these meetings
- Nov 4, 2009 on Choosing text and accompanying resources
- Oct 7, 2009 on Learning Outcomes
- Jul 28, 2009 on Teaching statistics to large (200+)classes.
- Jun 30, 2009 on Robustness of statistical tests; Detection and remedies of assumption violation.
- May 26, 2009 on Tools for teaching regression and Sharing datasets.
- Apr 27, 2009 on Tools for teaching intro stats 2: confidence intervals and hypothesis testing.
- Mar 25, 2009 on Tools for teaching intro stats: probability, CLT, ANOVA.
- Feb 25, 2009 on Curriculum and Sequencing of Topics.
- Jan 28, 2009 on Computations by hand.
- Dec 1, 2008 on Student Assessment
- Oct 27, 2008 on Applets
- Sep 26, 2008 on Statistical Software
- Books mentioned in the meetings
- iClicker Questions
- Topics for more discussion. Suggestions are very welcome.
- CAUSEweb.org (Consortium for the Advancement of Undergraduate Statistics Education). Circulated to the Stats department by John Petkau on Feb 6, 2009.
If you want to get access to the password protected materials (none so far) on this site, please contact